NEW JOB ROLE: Assembly Operative
What’s the job and who would it suit?
We are looking for a full time Assembly Operative to join our team in Hixon, Stafford due to growing demand.
The role would suit someone who is enthusiastic, reliable, self-motivated and experienced in the assembly of products.
Where you’ll be working
With a proud heritage and over fifty years of success, Allett Mowers are a pioneering manufacturer of precision lawnmowers. We are a wholly British-owned company, and we serve a broad customer base, from the avid gardener to the world's most famous sports grounds. We are now looking for new talent to join our skilled and knowledgeable team.
Our core values are at the heart of how we do business. If the following values resonate with you, then we may be a great match for one another.
· PASSIONATE - We are passionate about what we do and fixate on our customers together we create the world’s best sports surfaces and lawns.
· TEAM - We collaborate to develop and grow with our colleagues, customers and suppliers. Allett is a team, we harness our collective knowledge, skills and expertise to succeed. Take responsibility, be respectful of others and our environment.
· RELIABLE - We are trustworthy, honest and respect Allett’s heritage. Rely on us, our systems and machinery.
· IMPROVE - We are curious and thrive on change; take risks, be creative and excite through innovation. There is always a better way.
· HARDWORK - We do more with less and punch above our weight. Urgency is crucial and self-motivation a must.
The team you’ll be working in
Working within the Production Assembly team, you will be responsible for the assembly of our prestige lawnmower products, working on our production assembly line. Besides, your immediate peers, you will also work closely with our logistics and operational teams on a day to day basis to ensure that we deliver a great result for both the customer and our business.
What you’ll be doing
So that you can get a feel for the job, here is what you will be doing day to day:
· Assembly of in house manufactured products
· Highlight any quality issues and complete any paperwork as required
· Follow standard operating procedures and raise any concerns with your supervisor or quality department
· Assist in overcoming production related problems with regards to quality and build
· Report any material shortages
· Participate in continuous improvement or lean manufacturing activities
· Work to ensure production targets are achieved
· Complete production documentation where required
· Packaging of finished machines, accessories and spares
· Housekeeping duties
· Ensure health and safety guide-lines are followed
· You may be required to perform such other and/or additional duties within your skills and competence as the Business may require.
What you’ll need to succeed
· Assembly experience
· A mechanical background
· Good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
· Problem solving skills - creatively solving problems or improving what we do
· Experience of working to and meeting production targets
More about the job
Hours of work are 40 hours per week: Mon - Thurs 7.00am – 4.30pm, Friday 7.00am – 12.15pm.
Salary: £20,000 – 21,500 per annum based on 40 hours per week, depending on experience.
Location: Hixon, Stafford (rural location)
What’s on offer?
Competitive salary, 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays, with the option to purchase an additional week via salary sacrifice. Discretionary profit related bonus. Auto-enrolment pension scheme and development opportunities for those keen to progress. Free onsite parking. Free PPE supplied with applicable roles.
Plus, the chance to work with a great team of people in a relaxed but hardworking environment.
Interested? Then apply today and hopefully start your journey with us!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000.00-£21,500.00 per year
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
Please give us a follow on our SOCIAL MEDIA channels. We are on Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin