NEW JOB ROLE: Purchasing & Supply Specialist
PURCHASING & SUPPLY SPECIALIST
What’s the job and who would it suit?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Purchasing & Supply Specialist to join our team in Hixon, Stafford. The role would suit someone with experience in a similar role, managing and developing a direct and indirect supply base ideally within manufacturing.
Where you’ll be working
With a proud heritage and over fifty years of success, Allett Mowers are a pioneering manufacturer of precision lawnmowers. We are a wholly British-owned company, and we serve a broad customer base, from the avid gardener to the world’s most famous sports grounds.
We are currently looking for a full-time permanent Purchasing & Supply Specialist to join our busy and fast-paced team.
Our core values are at the heart of how we do business. If the following values resonate with you, then we may be a great match for one another.
· PASSIONATE - We are passionate about what we do and fixate on our customers together we create the world’s best sports surfaces and lawns.
· TEAM - We collaborate to develop and grow with our colleagues, customers and suppliers. Allett is a team, we harness our collective knowledge, skills and expertise to succeed. Take responsibility, be respectful of others and our environment.
· RELIABLE - We are trustworthy, honest and respect Allett’s heritage. Rely on us, our systems and machinery.
· IMPROVE - We are curious and thrive on change; take risks, be creative and excite through innovation. There is always a better way.
· HARDWORK - We do more with less and punch above our weight. Urgency is crucial and self-motivation a must.
The team you’ll be working in
You will play a vital, active role in the procurement function for both direct and indirect supplies, ensuring the timely and cost effective procurement of products and services, by developing and maintaining a global supply chain. Besides, your immediate peers, you will also work closely with our sales and production teams on a day to day basis to ensure that we deliver a great result for both the customer and our business
What you’ll be doing
So that you can get a feel for the job, here is what you will be doing day to day:
· Devise, measure and report the performance of the supply base through suitable KPI’s, together with specifying improvement targets.
· Research and selection of new suppliers who add greater value, in particular supporting the NPI process with early purchasing involvement
· Rationalisation, development and management of existing supply base to meet the changing needs of the business.
· Continuously negotiating best value from the supply chain taking into due consideration the total cost of purchase & supply.
· Review and analyse existing purchasing practices, reorder methods and implement best practice improvements.
· Actively support the implementation of new systems and processes (particularly MRP).
· Ensure departmental routines, housekeeping and exceptions are handled in timely manner
· Provide information to support capital expenditure purchases (e.g. Quotations, payback periods, etc)
· Work to the principles of lean manufacturing and ensure stock outs and overstocking are minimised
· Analysis and planning of direct purchases, taking into consideration stock classifications and supply chain risk (schedules, call off’s, reorder, kanbans, ad-hoc)
· Assess risks within the supply chain and provide solutions for reducing risk and possible contingencies
· Develop and foster key relationships with external suppliers and internal stakeholders
· Drafting of supplier contracts, supply agreements and service level agreements
What you’ll need to succeed
Need to know
· Working knowledge of buying best practice, and supply chain management, ideally within an SME
· Understand stock classification principles and how to maximise efficiency and effectiveness in placing orders
· How to draft contracts, supply agreements and SLA’s
· Understanding of INCOTERMS and global supply chains
· How to manage, negotiate and build relationships with a wide variety of local and global suppliers
· Understanding of lean manufacturing, replenishment systems and continuous improvement techniques would be desirable.
Need to have
· Proven experience in a similar role, managing and developing a direct and indirect supply base ideally within manufacturing
· Strong interpersonal skills, with particular emphasis on negotiation and building relationships
· Experience of working with an MRP / ERP systems
· Bachelors’ honours degree in business management and / or MCIPS qualification (or working towards) would be ideal
· Offshore / International sourcing experience is desirable
· Good communication and analytical skills particularly for reporting information and performance.
· Experience of managing and delivering KPI’s
· A can do, problem solving approach to drive improvements
· Ability to adapt and thrive on change
· Customer centric focus, both internal and external.
More about the job
Hours of work are 40 hours per week: Mon - Thurs 8.00am – 5.00pm, Friday 8.00am – 3.45pm.
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000 per annum based on 40 hours per week, depending on experience.
Location: Hixon, Stafford (rural location)
What’s on offer?
Competitive salary, 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays, with the option to purchase an additional week via salary sacrifice. Auto-enrolment pension scheme and development opportunities for those keen to progress. Free onsite parking. Free PPE supplied with applicable roles.
Plus, the chance to work with a great team of people in a relaxed but hardworking environment.
Interested? Then apply today and hopefully start your journey with us!
Email your CV to email@example.com
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £28,000.00-£32,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday