NEW JOB OPPORTUNITY: Stock Controller and Picker
Stock Controller and Picker
What’s the job and who would it suit?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Stock Controller and Picker to join our team in Hixon, Stafford. The role would suit someone with Previous stock/warehouse experience, who is able to work in a busy fast paced environment.
Where you’ll be working
With a proud heritage and over fifty years of success, Allett Mowers are a pioneering manufacturer of precision lawnmowers. We are a wholly British-owned company, and we serve a broad customer base, from the avid gardener to the world's most famous sports grounds. We are now looking for new talent to join our skilled and knowledgeable team.
Our core values are at the heart of how we do business. If the following values resonate with you, then we may be a great match for one another.
· PASSIONATE - We are passionate about what we do and fixate on our customers together we create the world’s best sports surfaces and lawns.
· TEAM - We collaborate to develop and grow with our colleagues, customers and suppliers. Allett is a team, we harness our collective knowledge, skills and expertise to succeed. Take responsibility, be respectful of others and our environment.
· RELIABLE - We are trustworthy, honest and respect Allett’s heritage. Rely on us, our systems and machinery.
· IMPROVE - We are curious and thrive on change; take risks, be creative and excite through innovation. There is always a better way.
· HARDWORK - We do more with less and punch above our weight. Urgency is crucial and self-motivation a must.
The team you’ll be working in
Working within the Logistics team, and you will be responsible for supporting the stores and goods in team to achieve daily targets.
What you’ll be doing
So that you can get a feel for the job, here is what you will be doing day to day:
· Ensure parts orders are dealt with in a timely manner and packed in line with company standards
· Ensure Goods received are in correct locations within a timely manner
· Ensure incoming stock shortages are delivered to line in a timely manner
· Ensure Goods in log is maintained to a high standard
· Carry out weekly stock checks
· Work to 5S practices, helping to keep the factory and Goods in area clean and tidy
· Work closely with other departments to help the company achieve objectives
· Support other areas of the business where required
· General health and safety duties
What you’ll need to succeed
Need to know
· Previous stock/warehouse experience is essential although full training will be provided
· Have experience in a manufacturing environment
Need to have
· Good written and oral communication skills
· Can-do, problem-solving approach
· Customer centric focus, both internal and external
· Good timekeeping
· Attention to detail
· Ability to work on own as well as part of team
More about the job
Hours of work are 40 hours per week – 07:00-16:30 Mon –Thu / 07:00-12:45 Fri
Salary: £19,000 - £19,925 per annum depending on experience.
Location: Hixon, Stafford (rural location)
What’s on offer?
Competitive salary, 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays, with the option to purchase an additional week via salary sacrifice. Auto-enrolment pension scheme and development opportunities. Free onsite parking. Free PPE supplied with applicable roles.
Plus, the chance to work with a great team of people in a relaxed but hardworking environment.
Interested? Then apply today and hopefully start your journey with us!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £19,000.00-£19,925.00 per year
- Company pension
- Monday to Friday