WE ARE HIRING- Production Planner £26,000 - £30,625
What’s the job and who would it suit?
Are you a self-motivated individual with a passion for organising and planning? If so, this role may be for you!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Production Planner to join our team in Hixon, Stafford. The role would suit someone who thrives within a busy fast paced environment ensuring the successful achievement of production targets with specific focus on the continuity of the flow of materials and parts and resource within the business.
Where you’ll be working
With a proud heritage and over fifty years of success, Allett Ltd are a pioneering manufacturer of precision lawnmowers. We are a wholly British-owned company, and we serve a broad customer base, from the avid gardener to the world's most famous sports grounds. We are now looking for new talent to join our skilled and knowledgeable team and become part of our Allett TRIBE.
Our people behaviours are at the heart of how we do business. If the following behaviours resonate with you, then we may be a great match for one another.
· Team – We collaborate to develop and grow with our colleagues, customers, and suppliers to harness collective knowledge, skills and expertise.
· Reliability – Be trustworthy, honest and respect others.
· Improvement – Be curious, creative and provide innovation. Thrive on change and don’t be afraid to take risks.
· Believe – Embrace the power within, foster boundless optimism, and unite in the conviction that together, we achieve greatness.
· Enthusiasm – We care about our customers and colleagues with energy and be passionate about what we do.
The team you’ll be working in;
Working within the Production team, you will be responsible for organising, planning and controlling the production schedules for the entire range of Allett products.
What you’ll be doing
So that you can get a feel for the job, here is what you will be doing day to day:
· Analysis of historic sales data and sales forecasts to create continual production schedules.
· Continual review and adaptation of production schedules in line with sales forecasts & current sales.
· Forward focused, production planning, based on supplier product lead times, material availability, resource, and fluctuating sales.
· Communication of production schedules/works orders to all relevant stakeholders to ensure all Company targets & goals are met.
· Actively identify, expedite and problem solve potential shortages (both inbound and internal) to minimise production delays, stoppages and ultimately delivery delays.
· Ensure the Bill of Materials are controlled and accurate.
· Ensure engineering changes / component cut in’s are managed in a timely fashion.
· Ensure departmental admin (reports, works orders, assembly packs, etc) are produced accurately and on time.
· Ensure stock accuracy is maintained through vigilant audit management of internal processes within the production department.
· Ensure departmental routines, housekeeping and exceptions are handled in a timely manner.
· Help develop and improve the scheduling of parts and material to support improvements in logistics and cashflow.
· Expedite all internal and third party material flow.
· Monitor and report departmental KPI’s, make recommendations for improvements and support the implementation of any improvements.
· Proactively engage in and support the implementation of new systems and processes (particularly MRP & ERP).
· Work cross functionally with other departments to meet company objectives and deadlines.
· Assist with the implementation of lean manufacturing objectives to minimise waste and optimise operational efficiency.
What you’ll need to succeed
Need to know
· Good working knowledge of Excel spread sheets and Word
· Working knowledge of an MRP / ERP system or similar essential
· Understanding of BOM structures and associated interdependencies
· Working knowledge of stock control and stock movement process and procedures essential
· How to use Works Orders and develop a suitable manufacturing schedule
· How to prepare and present daily / weekly / monthly Manufacturing and Assembly schedules
· A knowledge of 5S and Lean Manufacturing
· How to use visual management to improve communication and performance in a production setting
Need to have
· Previous experience and training in a production planning role
· Exceptional written and oral communication skills
· Experience in lean manufacturing and six sigma highly desirable
· Proven experience in CI within a production environment
· Experience of KPI’s and delivering against these
· A can-do, problem-solving approach with a clear understanding of delivering long lasting improvements.
· Ability to adapt and thrive on change.
· Ability to work well with a variety of people and internal teams.
· Customer centric focus, both internal and external
· Excellent planning and organisational skills
More about the job
Hours of work are 40 hours per week – 08:00-17.00 Mon –Thu / 08:00-15:45 Fri
Salary: £26,000 - £30,625 per annum depending on experience.
Location: Hixon, Stafford (rural location)
28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays, with the option to purchase an additional week via salary sacrifice - Auto-enrolment pension scheme with company contribution - Learning and Development opportunities - Employee assistance programme (EAP) with Health Assured - Discretionary profit related bonus
Plus, the chance to work with a great team of people in a relaxed but hardworking environment.