WE ARE HIRING: Quality Engineer £30,000 - £35,000
What’s the job and who would it suit?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Engineer to join our team in Hixon, Stafford. The role would suit someone with a proven track record implementing process improvements, who has excellent problem solving skills.
Where you’ll be working
With a proud heritage and over fifty years of success, Allett Mowers are a pioneering manufacturer of precision lawnmowers. We are a wholly British-owned company, and we serve a broad customer base, from the avid gardener to the world's most famous sports grounds. We are now looking for new talent to join our skilled and knowledgeable team.
Our core values are at the heart of how we do business. If the following values resonate with you, then we may be a great match for one another.
- Team – We collaborate to develop and grow with our colleagues, customers, and suppliers to harness collective knowledge, skills and expertise.
- Reliability – Be trustworthy, honest and respect others.
- Improvement – Be curious, creative and provide innovation. Thrive on change and don’t be afraid to take risks.
- Believe – Embrace the power within, foster boundless optimism, and unite in the conviction that together, we achieve greatness.
- Enthusiasm – We care about our customers and colleagues with energy and be passionate about what we do.
The team you’ll be working in
Working within the Quality team, you will implement effective processes for NPI and improve existing manufacturing and assembly processes.
What you’ll be doing
So that you can get a feel for the job, here is what you will be doing day to day:
- Devise and implement assembly and manufacturing process improvements.
- Proactively find ways to reduce waste, improve shopfloor layout and flow.
- Attend daily production meetings and support supervisors to implement process improvements.
- Document manufacturing and assembly processes (standardized work / SOPs) and provide training.
- Attend NPI meetings. Develop and implement processes for new product introduction.
- Support design engineers with “productionisation” of new products
- Co-ordinate cross-functional PFMEA meetings to identify and document high risk processes.
- Devise, test and implement control measures to effectively reduce risk and prevent quality issues.
- Implement a TPM (total preventative maintenance) program for machinery and tooling (internal and external).
- Design, develop and improve process and machine tooling, jigs and fixtures.
- Supplier monitoring, audit and improvement.
- Calibration control.
- Monitor processes for potential and actual defects, investigation and corrective/preventive actions.
What you’ll need to succeed
Need to know
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of lean manufacturing improvement processes.
- Excellent problem solving skills with specific focus towards establishing root cause.
- Knowledge of cylinder lawnmowers and turfcare industry would be a distinct advantage.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- CAD experience (SolidWorks) desirable.
Need to have
- Proven track record implementing process improvements.
- Appropriate engineering degree.
- Experience with lean manufacturing and associated tools and techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with manufacturing processes such as welding, tube bending, grinding, fabrication.
- Experience with manual assembly processes
- Desire to drive change.
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
More about the job
Hours of work are 40 hours per week – 8:00-17:00 Mon–Thu / 8:00-15:45 Fri
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum depending on experience.
Location: Hixon, Stafford (rural location)
What’s on offer?
Competitive salary, 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays, with the option to purchase an additional week via salary sacrifice. Auto-enrolment pension scheme and development opportunities. Free onsite parking. Free PPE supplied with applicable roles.
Plus, the chance to work with a great team of people in a relaxed but hardworking environment.
Interested? Then apply today and hopefully start your journey with us!