Allett Launch The NEW Grooved Roller- Available in a 17'' or 20'' Model
This week Allett launch the NEW grooved roller in a 17'' and 20'' model. This will fit the following models;
|Models The Roller Will Fit||
Allett Kensington 17'' (GFR43)
Allett Kensington 20'' (GFR51)
Allett Liberty 43 (GFR43)
Stirling 43 (GFR43)
Stirling 51 (GFR51)
Atco Balmoral 17'' (GFR43)
Atco Balmoral 20'' (GFR51)
The innovative grooved roller is a great addition to your lawn-care equipment and is a game changer for those wanting to achieve the most superior cut.
The grooved roller has 23% of its surface area in contact with the ground compared to 100% with the smooth front roller therefore only 23% of the grass is being layed down ahead of cutting and more grass is presented to the bottom blade. This will give you a cleaner cut leaving less stragglers. Straight lining is much improved with the grooved roller making the mower more manoeuvrable around the garden resulting in the most perfectly straight stripes.
Benefits of the Grooved Roller:
- A much cleaner cut- Helps your cylinder cut every blade of grass perfectly
- No scalping compared to the auxiliary wheels
- Great for thicker/established dense grasses where striping isn't paramount but quality of cut is
- Improved straight lining
- Useful if not mowing as often as you should be and the grass is longer
- Poor striping compared to the smooth roller
- Ground pressure higher in wet conditions so the mower can sink in with the grooved roller (put your smooth back on)
Note we are offering the grooved front roller as an optional extra. You will need to re-fit the smooth roller to achieve the very best stripes.
The grooved roller will be a popular choice for the homeowner as well as professional garden maintenance companies and groundsmen.
Many thanks to Felix from Perfect Green for his work on helping develop this grooved roller and trialling it on german grasses- his feedback has been invaluable https://www.youtube.com/c/PerfectGreen?app=desktop