NEW JOB ROLE UP FOR GRABS: MANUFACTURING ENGINEER- ROLE NOW FILLED
What’s the job and who would it suit?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer to join our team in Hixon, Stafford. The role would suit someone with a proven track record implementing process improvements, who has excellent problem solving skills.
Where you’ll be working
With a proud heritage and over fifty years of success, Allett Mowers are a pioneering manufacturer of precision lawnmowers. We are a wholly British-owned company, and we serve a broad customer base, from the avid gardener to the world's most famous sports grounds. We are now looking for new talent to join our skilled and knowledgeable team.
Our core values are at the heart of how we do business. If the following values resonate with you, then we may be a great match for one another.
· PASSIONATE - We are passionate about what we do and fixate on our customers together we create the world’s best sports surfaces and lawns.
· TEAM - We collaborate to develop and grow with our colleagues, customers and suppliers. Allett is a team, we harness our collective knowledge, skills and expertise to succeed. Take responsibility, be respectful of others and our environment.
· RELIABLE - We are trustworthy, honest and respect Allett’s heritage. Rely on us, our systems and machinery.
· IMPROVE - We are curious and thrive on change; take risks, be creative and excite through innovation. There is always a better way.
· HARDWORK - We do more with less and punch above our weight. Urgency is crucial and self-motivation a must.
The team you’ll be working in
Working within the Quality team, you will implement effective processes for NPI and improve existing manufacturing and assembly processes.
What you’ll be doing
So that you can get a feel for the job, here is what you will be doing day to day:
· Devise and implement assembly and manufacturing process improvements.
· Proactively find ways to reduce waste, improve shop-floor layout and flow.
· Attend daily production meetings and support supervisors to implement process improvements.
· Document manufacturing and assembly processes (standardised work / SOPs) and provide training.
· Attend NPI meetings. Develop and implement processes for new product introduction.
· Support design engineers with “Productionisation” of new products
· Co-ordinate cross-functional PFMEA meetings to identify and document high risk processes.
· Devise, test and implement control measures to effectively reduce risk and prevent quality issues.
· Record process cycle times and identify value added versus non-value added elements. Balance cycle times against take time and identify constraint processes (bottlenecks).
· Establish an OEE (overall equipment effectiveness) measure in the business and implement improvements to ensure targets are met.
· Implement a TPM (total preventative maintenance) program for machinery and tooling (internal and external).
· Design, develop and improve process and machine tooling, jigs and fixtures.
What you’ll need to succeed
Need to know
· Detailed knowledge and understanding of lean manufacturing improvement processes.
· Excellent problem solving skills with specific focus towards establishing root cause.
· Knowledge of cylinder lawnmowers and turf-care industry would be a distinct advantage.
· Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
· CAD experience (SolidWorks) desirable.
Need to have
· Proven track record implementing process improvements.
· Appropriate engineering degree.
· Experience with lean manufacturing and associated tools and techniques.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Experience with manufacturing processes such as welding, tube bending, grinding, fabrication.
· Experience with manual assembly processes
· Desire to drive change.
· Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
More about the job
Hours of work are 40 hours per week – 8:00-17:00 Mon–Thu / 8:00-15:45 Fri
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000 per annum depending on experience.
Location: Hixon, Stafford (rural location)
What’s on offer?
Competitive salary, 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays, with the option to purchase an additional week via salary sacrifice. Auto-enrolment pension scheme and development opportunities. Free onsite parking. Free PPE supplied with applicable roles.
Plus, the chance to work with a great team of people in a relaxed but hardworking environment.
Interested? Then apply today and hopefully start your journey with us!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £28,000.00-£32,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- Quality Assurance: 1 year (preferred)