TOP Tips For The Allett Creative Stripes Competition 2022
This year’s prize is as follows; a Liberty 43 with ALL of its cartridges and 2 cartridge stands. This year's judge is Dennis West who was our 2021 Champion.
- Your photo is so important. Make sure you take your picture with the sun behind you- this will help achieve the strongest stripes possible.
- Take your photo from an angle that really shows off your pattern- can you get up in a bedroom window and look down? Have you got a drone?
- Make sure the area around your striped lawn is free of clutter e.g washing on the line/weeded paths etc- If you win your photo will appear in magazines/online websites/social media etc
- Go over your pattern a few times to make it stronger and make sure you don't have little footprints all over your stripes!
- Keep your lawn well watered and thatch free to keep it looking as green as possible
- The perfect strong stripe is achieved between 20-30mm. When mowing make sure that the current stripe, slightly overlaps the previous stripe so that you do not have thin strips of uncut grass left between the stripes.
- Keep taking your photos regularly incase you have a disaster e.g. a herd of cows trample your lawn( yes this has happened!).
- THE MOST CREATIVE PATTERN WILL WIN. Straight stripes just wont cut it! We are looking for creativity? Can you use a theme for your pattern or use garden features to design your pattern around?
- Drafting out your design on paper would be a great start. You can work out the width of your mower and the area you’ve got to cover etc. A larger open area with the lawn in a square, rectangle or circular shape will lend itself to creative stripes more than a lawn with beds and borders cut into it, or one that’s an awkward shape- be imaginative! Make use of any garden features in your lawn. Is there any patterns on old stone work you can copy into your grass?
- To enter this competition, participants must submit their entry to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You DON'T have to use an Allett mower to enter!
- You can enter from anywhere around the world!
- Have a look at previous lawn stripes competition winners for inspiration -photos can be found on Allett’s social media