This cartridge can be used with the following mower:
The Verticutter cartridge is a popular cartridge in the Allett range.
Thin and closely spaced blades effectively lift lateral growth and remove moss which helps encourage tillering and new growth. The blades of the Verticut cartridge help pick up flat-lying grasses that your cylinder would otherwise miss.
Verticutting can be carried out on a more frequent basis and is the perfect way to keep on top of your thatch level between your yearly scarification. A small amount of thatch can be healthy for your lawn, but anything over half an inch needs to be removed as it prevents the healthy growth process. Generally, the verticut cartridge removes twice as much material as the scarifier cartridge.
The aims of verticutting-
- To prune the grasses to improve tillering and stolon formation. This increases turf density
- To control thatch. The verticut cartridge blades are designed to be used above the thatch layer to remove dead and dying grass plants that will ultimately contribute to the thatch layer.
- To produce an upright grass prior to mowing to give a cleaner more consistent cut.
- As a method of controlling weeds and weed grasses without using harmful chemicals
- Verticutting will also help remove annual meadow grass seed heads and promote finer grasses, such as bent and fescue.
We have a homeowner range of cylinder mowers that take interchangeable cartridges- the verticut cartridge being one of them. This cartridge can replace the cutting cylinder in less than a couple of minutes.
You can use the cartridge every two weeks or so from April to September to keep on top of thatch and lateral lying grasses.
Start with the cartridge on setting four and gradually lower- the cartridge should not be penetrating the soil as it will damage your blades. You want the blades to be touching the thatch layer and above. You will be amazed at how much this cartridge gets out of your lawn
Find a video on the Verticut cartridge HERE